Who doesn’t love, love, love coconut oil? It’s simply the best thing since sliced bread, isn’t it? It has so many uses, too! It’s been around for eons, but has suddenly become popular due to social media sites and the internet, during the past decade.
You probably use it on your skin and hair, but did you know that there are literally dozens of ways to use coconut oil? Even we were amazed at the things it could be used for!
We’ve got 51 ways to enjoy the healthy goodness of this coconut product, so you might want to turn on your printer! This list is a bit long!
51 Popular Ways to Use Coconut Oil
- Super skin moisturizer
- Nourishing hair with its unique fat makeup
- Mix it with apple cider vinegar as a natural treatment for head lice
- Makes a super diaper cream that is completely natural
- Helps to heal the perineum after giving birth
- Speeds healing of sunburns (use after the heat is gone)
- Increases mental alertness when consumed regularly
- Helps to shorten the duration of the flu or cold virus (mix into hot tea)
- Stops acne when used regularly
- Perfect for healing those dry, cracked heels.
- Naturally clears up cold sores or fever blisters
- Great for homemade soaps or homemade laundry soap.
- Cleans and softens shiny leather items such as purses or boots.
- Best insect repellent has ever been rosemary oil mixed with coconut oil.
- Mix with clay and charcoal for a super homemade soap that is easy on the skin
- Make your own coconut oil based doggie treats!
- Terrific in homemade shampoo bars.
- Cheap anti-frizz hair treatment; simply rub a dime sized portion through your hair.
- Rub into cuticles daily to help nails grow and stop hangnails.
- Best all natural baby lotion ever!
- Mix with a few drops of scented essential oils for a sweet smelling massage oil.
- Ladies, this makes a great personal lubricant.
- Has a natural SPF of 8, so you can use it as a tanning oil.
- Use in your slow cooker soap recipe for super rich lather.
- Mix coconut oil and sea salt for a super exfoliating scrub.
- Mix with sugar for a sweet body scrub!
- Whip coconut oil and pure Shea butter for a luscious body balm.
- Consumed regularly, it might help to prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
- When used regularly, it can reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Helps skin to heal quickly after infection or injury when applied topically.
- Improves circulation when consumed regularly.
- Used in “pulling” coconut oil can make teeth whiter and stronger.
- When used in food, it can support thyroid function.
- The perfect oil for “seasoning” cast iron pans.
- Replace vegetable oil in recipes for added nutrition.
- By substituting coconut oil for other fats in your diet, you can increase your metabolism, and lose weight.
- Instantly boost energy when consumed regularly.
- Improves your dog or cat’s skin and coat when consumed regularly.
- Makes a terrific coffee “creamer”.
- Best wood polish ever!
- Ease the itch of insect bites within seconds.
- A natural lip balm that works much better than petroleum based products.
- Use as a moisturizing make-up remover.
- Fight inflammation naturally by replacing other fats with coconut oil.
- New mothers can stop sore nipples by using natural coconut oil. Super safe for baby, too!
- Removes stuck on chewing gum almost like magic.
- Makes a wonderful bath oil. Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to some coconut oil for a super relaxing soak that naturally softens the skin.
- Eases the discomfort of most skin rashes.
- Want to jazz up some popcorn? Add a bit of melted coconut oil, rather than butter.
- Fade sun spots or age spots by rubbing a dab of coconut oil into the area each day.
- Ease hard, dry, cracked doggie paws by rubbing some coconut oil into the pads each day. Do this outside to avoid getting it on your carpet!
While coconut oil might not be a “cure all”, it certainly can do more than we ever thought it could!
What is your favorite way to use coconut oil?